Create Google Analytics Account
You can create Google Analytics account in a few easy steps. But first, let me briefly explain its purpose. In short, it is your blog’s report card! It provides a collection of highly useful data. However, at this point, create Google Analytics account and keep moving. Some of the key features will be explained in a later lesson.
- Go to Google Analytics
- Sign in using your Google account. If you do not have one, you will have to create one.
- Next, select Access Google Analytics
- Select Sign Up
- Complete the requested information including your website name, URL, industry, and time zone.
- Under Data Sharing Options, choose the appropriate option.
- Next, click Get Tracking ID.
- Click “I Accept” for the Google Analytics Terms of Service Agreement.
- Add the Tracking ID to your WordPress Plugin (discussed next)
Create google analytics account and then get your WordPress Plugin
How to Setup Google Analytics on WordPress
- Go to your WordPress Dashboard
- Click “Plugins”
- Click “Add New” (upper left corner)
- Type “Google Analytics Dashboard for WP” in search bar
- Select “Install” Google Analytics Dashboard for WP
- Then, click “Activate”
- Lastly, click “Settings” to add your Tracking ID
Once you have finished setting things up, it may take a day or so before you start getting any site data. If you have any questions or comments, please leave them below. However, your report card will be explained in some detail in a later course. For now, continue working on writing, monetizing, and learning how to market a blog. Otherwise, obsessing over your Google Analytics can hinder your progress. Once you learn the meaning of each parameter provided with the Google Analytics Plugin, you can then make needed improvements. Therefore, do not worry or get stuck here.